Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Metal roof


Randy took these pictures of the cabin Sunday. My parents drove up yesterday and said a lot of workers were installing the rest of the metal roof.


Temporary supports are holding up the porches,
but footings have been poured for the permanent ones.



You can see the metal roof and the framing for the
chimney in this picture.



The living room will have a high ceiling.



Scott decided to build an exposed-beam
ceiling in the living room and master
bedroom. He said that's how cabins in
Gatlinburg are being built. The pine
boards will be stained to match the
flooring.



This upstairs window overlooks the living room.



The ceiling over the dining area in the kitchen.
I think these beams will remain exposed.

6 comments:

Nathan L. said...

That is one cool house! The metal roof is really going to top it off well.

Anonymous said...

Steel Building construction is the process of building a structure, using steel as the raw material. Steel is an advantageous building material that enables a simple and easy construction process.

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Kristopher Diss said...

Is the metal roof still fine, Olivia? Metal roofs are designed to last for over a century, but they’re not immune to damage. The greatest cause of metal roof damage is moisture. Rains are not rare in Alabama, so make sure that your metal roof is properly maintained. But with the way you worked on your cabin, I can confidently say that you can handle roof problems easily. I’m curious about how your cabin looks like today. So if you have any pictures, I’d love to see them. Thanks!

Richard Boles said...

Your cabin is shaping well in this picture, especially when the roof has been installed. Nice choice of roof, by the way! Its durability and environment-friendly feature makes it more practical to use. Anyway, I read some of your blogs and good to see the improvements. I hope the work is all done, for you and family able to enjoy your lovely home.

Richard Boles

Logan L Watson said...

Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. how long do shingle roofs last