Thursday, November 1, 2007

Porches added


Randy and I went by the cabin Sunday after dropping off the kids at my parents' house in Birmingham. They went to a birthday party for a little boy my mom babysits who is about Caden's age. When we returned that evening, Caden had a temperature of 103.4. It turned out to be an ear infection, so at least he didn't infect the other kids with anything. He felt pretty bad for a few of days (several people, including his teacher, remarked at how well-behaved he was), but he's back to himself now.

The porches were added to the cabin and the fireplaces and dormer window had been framed. I just talked to Scott and he said the metal roof is going on today. Randy might go up there again this Sunday, so I should have more pictures next week. Here are some more from last Sunday:


The back of the house: The
master bedroom is on the top
floor and will have french doors
leading to a small balcony. The
bay window below it will be in
the kitchen.

View from the back porch


Dormer window above front door



Upper floor: master bathroom, closet and
bedroom. I climbed part of the way up there
(the stairs haven't been built), but wasn't sure
I'd be able to get down, so I haven't explored
that part of the house yet.


Framing for the fireplace in the
living room


View looking out front door



No comments: